DIVISION OF PERSONNEL
February 11, 2021
DEPARTMENT/ DIVISION: Community Development
TITLE: Deputy Zoning Officer STATUS: Open to the public DUE: Open until filled
This is to advise that the position of full time Deputy Zoning Officer is available in the Department of Community Development.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficiently to perform the duties required for this position.
- Possession of a valid New Jersey Driver’s License and periodically submit same for examination to the Township Administrator or his/her designee.
- Combination of High School diploma or equivalency and paid supervisory experience of a professional nature in a related field of endeavor such as building inspector, construction real estate appraisal. – Required
- Possession of a Zoning Official Certification – Required. Experience as a Zoning Officer, preferred but not required.
- Experience with SDL (Spatial Data Logic) software, preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other governmental, public, and private agencies, the general public and other employees.
- Ability to supervise, train, render written and oral instructions and suitable work assignments to personnel in the work unit.
- Ability to learn or demonstrate knowledge of data collection and statistical analysis. Knowledge of all modern office equipment, practices and procedures.
- Ability to supervise clerical, secretarial and bookkeeping staff and promote the efficient operation of such staff, thereby assuring maximum utilization and productivity of staff functions.
- Ability to learn or demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, spreadsheet and data base programs.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible, or if the individual cannot perform the job without posing a serious threat of injury to the health and safety of the individual themselves or to the other employees or the public.
Union: Supervisors Union (TRTMSA)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $43,917.12 – $65,355.21
TOWNSHIP OF SCOTCH PLAINS – JOB OPPORTUNITY
ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT AND PLANNING BOARD SECRETARY, Township of Scotch Plains is seeking a dedicated and responsible person, for the part-time position of Land Use Secretary for the Zoning Board of Adjustment and Planning Board. Excellent administrative, writing, interpersonal communication and multi-tasking skills required. Responsible for all agendas, minutes and follow up/organization, recording receipt of applications and applicable fees. In addition to working part time during the work week; attendance at night time meetings (several times a month) for the Boards are required. Interested candidates should possess either a Land Use Board Secretary certification or if not be willing to obtain. Submit cover letter and resume with salary history to: Alexander Mirabella, Municipal Manager, Township of Scotch Plains, 430 Park Avenue, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 and/or email to email@example.com (908) 322-6700, ext. 313.